2Pet 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?
2Pet 3:9-14 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
1Joh 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
In the Book of Revelation we are warned over and over
- Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
- Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
- Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
- Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
- Rev 3:5He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
- Rev 3:12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
- Rev 3:21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
- Rev 21:7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Be Prepared to Overcome!
A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a holy way of living, separated from this world, will protect you and ensure that you are part of His New Kingdom. He is Coming again
The Bible instructs us to live holy lives before God in order to please Him in this present world. Since we do not know when we will die or when Jesus is coming back, we need to constantly live in readiness and preparation to go or stay. The lifestyle should be the same for either case.We need to be living blameless, pure and holy lives of faith and obedience before God. Fast and loose “take-it-or-leave-it” experiences with God will not be enough. We must live as He wants us to – holy – if we expect to make it to heaven.
- You are connected to the source of Holiness – God
- You are separated to God as His possession
- You are separated from the common, the ordinary, the world
- You are separated from all that is sinful
- You are obeying the word of God
1 Pet 1:15-16 so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written. Be ye holy; for I am holy
- 1Pet 4:2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
- Col 1:22, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
- Eph 4:24 and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
- 2Pet 3:11 what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness.
- 2Cor 7:1 dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God
- 1The 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
- Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
2Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
The opposite of Holiness is worldliness
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
1Joh 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.
What is Holiness?
Do you want to know what true holiness is? It is pure love. Do you want to know what the baptism of the Holy Ghost is? It is not a mere sentiment. It is not a happy sensation that passes away in a night.
It is a baptism of love that:
- brings every thought into captivity to the Lord Jesus (2Cor 10:5);
- casts out all fear (IJoh. 4:18);
- burns up doubt and unbelief
- makes one “meek and lowly in heart” (Mat 11:29);
- makes one hate uncleanness, lying and deceit, a flattering tongue and every evil way with a perfect hatred;
- makes Heaven and Hell eternal realities;
- makes one patient and gentle with the forward and sinful;
- makes one “pure … peaceable … easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy” (Jam 3: 17);
- brings one into perfect and unbroken sympathy with the Lord Jesus Christ in His toil and travail to bring a lost and rebel world back to God.
by Jacques Lucas