The Bible is God’s message to a lost people. Although written by many authors, it is inspired by God and the golden thread runs trough the Divine book not once contradicting itself. But modern translations now provides the Christian with a “butter knife” and not a two edge sword as intended.
1Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Because the Bible is God’s message it is spiritual incline thus the natural man does not understand it. You need to be Born Again, receive the Holy Spirit, and He will guide you to understand the Bible as God has intended to. Satan has counter this by creating more and more friendly translations of the Bible that even the unsaved can get to understand the broad picture but in a fleshly understanding.Thus moving away from original translations because they are more difficult to understand and was intended for people of the 1800 centenary Satan has now provided the Christian with a “butter knife” and not a two edge sword as intended.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
The KJV vs. the ESV
If you’re like most Christians you might think that the ESV and the KJV Bible translations basically say the same thing. Most Christians are unaware that there is disagreement among some churches regarding which Bible translation we should be using. As far as modern versions go, we are only going to focus on the ESV in comparison to the KJV. Why ESV? For one thing, the ESV is the most popular version among conservative evangelicals. It is more accurate than the NIV but not as rigid as the NASB. So it’s a perfect fit for comparison. However, the things that we discuss in the ESV will generally be true of any word-for-word translation. We will show that the ESV in fact does not basically say the same thing as the KJV.
The ESV is the 4th translation in a series of revisions which go back to the first modern Bible translation: the Revised Version. The RV was intended to be a revision of the KJV but used a completely different Greek text and ended up being a totally new kind of Bible. After flopping in England, the RV was released in the U.S. under the name American Standard Version in 1901. Neither the RV nor the ASV sold well. Between 1901 and 1952 there was a Bible translation hiatus, probably because of a lot of things going on in the world: World War I, the Depression, & World War II. But in 1950, the National Council of Churches was officially formed. Two years later, the Revised Standard Version was released by the NCC. Now remember, when the RSV came out there was a lot of religious fervor in America. Charles Fuller was broadcasting his Old-Fashioned Revival Hour and Billy Graham’s crusades were in full swing, and a huge marketing campaign was launched to ramp up hype for the RSV. So, when Christians actually got to read the RSV there was a huge controversy in churches about whether it was right to translate “virgin” in Isaiah 7:14 as “Young woman” as the RSV did. Like its predecessors, the RSV didn’t do well in the market and later a Catholic edition with Apocrypha was released in 1966 (interesting number).
So, in 1989, the New RSV was released to update the old RSV, of course a Catholic edition was also released. Then the ESV was released by Crossway Publishers in 2007 and was intended to be a more gender-inclusive version than its predecessors. Again, it was released in Protestant and Catholic editions.
Now if you use any of these versions here’s something to think about: If all you have to do to make your Bible Catholic is add the apocrypha, doesn’t that make your Bible a Catholic one, just without the apocrypha?
One of the more plain errors of the ESV is the fact that Elhanan is said to be the slayer of Goliath in 2 Samuel 21:19, even though any child who attended Sunday school knows that it was David. The reason for this translation error is that the faulty ESV Greek textual basis reads so. So, if your Bible says Elhanan killed Goliath, that’s an error, even it clarifies it in a footnote. If your Bible has even one error then it is immediately disqualified from being the word of God.
Now we know God is not the author of confusion so it’s not God who’s causing the confusion when we ask: was Nymphas a man or a woman? Now obviously he wasn’t transgender, so what’s going on here? Well according to some Greek MSS of Colossians 4:15, “Nympa” is actually the correct name because “he” was actually a “she”. This is another instance where there is a contradiction between the KJV and the ESV. So if your going to call either of the two Bibles the word of God there needs to be agreement.
There is another instance of how similar the Greek text is between the Catholic versions and Protestant versions. The Bible teaches that once your saved you’ll always be saved. However, according to Catholics and their Bibles they believe that your salvation is constantly progressing (as the ESV says in 1 Cor. 1:18). Again the KJV and ESV do not say the same thing.
It has been mentioned that the ESV was meant to be more gender-inclusive than previous versions and in Mathew 19:23-24 we have a prime example. Even though this looks bad the 2011 edition of the NIV is far more gender inclusive so as to please those who don’t identify as either male or female.
Among the myriad differences between the two translations, the word “Dispensation” is not present and “Hell” is completely untranslated in the Old Testament. Additionally, a total of 14 verses are either abridged or omitted from the text of the ESV (Matthew 23:14; Mark 7:16, 9:44,46, 11:26, 15:28; Luke 17:36, 23:17; John 5:4; Acts 8:37, 15:34, 24:7, 28:29; 1 John 5:7).
In summary, what do these differences prove? That the KJV and ESV Bibles are not the same and cannot both be the word of God.
Good News Bible
THE GNB ATTACKS THE DEITY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
Acts 20:28 is one of the greatest verses in the Bible. It clearly states the “blood” that flowed through the Lord Jesus was God’s “blood” and that Jesus Christ was God. The GNB changes the emphasis or object of blood from “his” [God] to “his Son”. “Son” is not found in any Greek text.
- Acts 20:28, KJB Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
- Acts 20:28, GNB So keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock which the Holy Spirit has placed in your care. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he made his own through the blood of his Son.
1 Timothy 3:16 is probably the clearest verse in all the Bible asserting that Jesus Christ was “God manifest in the flesh”. The GNB changes it to the trivial “He appeared in human form”. So what. . . We all appear in human form!
- 1 Timothy 3:16, KJB And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
- 1 Timothy 3:16, GNB No one can deny how great is the secret of our religion: He appeared in human form, was shown to be right by the Spirit, and was seen by angels. He was preached among the nations, was believed in throughout the world, and was taken up to heaven.
The GNB changes the clear statement of Philippians 2:6 testifying that Jesus Christ was “equal with God” to the vague and goofy “. . . he did not think that by force he should try to remain equal with God.”
- Philippians 2:6, KJB Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
- Philippians 2:6, GNB He always had the nature of God, but he did not think that by force he should try to remain equal with God.
In 1 Timothy 6:14-16, the GNB completely changes the object of “the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;” from the Lord Jesus Christ to “God” by inserting “by God” — without ANY Greek evidence whatsoever. They deliberately and deceitfully de-throne the Lord Jesus Christ as “King of Kings, and Lord of Lords”. Notice also, “commandment” is changed to the nonspecific “orders”.
- 1Timohy 6:14-15, KJB That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
- 1Timohy 6:14-15, GNB to obey your orders and keep them faithfully until the Day when our Lord Jesus Christ will appear. His appearing will be brought about at the right time by God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and the Lord of lords.
The late-great Evangelist Brother Roloff once preached a message on John 1:1. titled “The Greatest Verse in the Bible”. What a wonderful and enlightening verse, plainly emphasizing the deity of the Word – the Lord Jesus.
- John 1:1, KJB In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- John 1:1, GNB Before the world was created, the Word already existed; he was with God, and he was the same as God.
The GNB changes the eternal, infinite, without-time, “in the BEGINNING” to the time-constrained “before the world was created” thus attacking the eternality of the Word. And the clear reference to the deity of the Word, “and the Word was God” is now destroyed by the distorted “he was the same as God”. By adding “the same as” clearly negates the deity of the Word – creating a unfounded difference between the Word and God. It’s worth mentioning, as in nearly every case, there is no Greek evidence for the distortions.
In Colossians 2:9, the GNB completely twists the declaration that in Jesus “dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily” into the new-age, divine-humanity — “the full content of divine nature lives in Christ, in his humanity”. The “divine nature” of humanity is the root teaching of the Lucifer-worshipping, New Age Movement. It is also the serpent’s message of Genesis 3:5, “ye shall be as gods”.
- Colossians 2:9, KJB For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily
- Colossians 2:9, GNB For the full content of divine nature lives in Christ, in his humanity,
In Ephesians 3:9, the GNB rudely strips the Lord Jesus as the architect of ALL creation. The GNB completely distorts Ephesians 3:9 into gabble to rob Jesus Christ’s role of creator. Why? And there exists no Greek manuscripts to reinforce such a mess. It is simply a deliberate attempt to de-throne the Lord Jesus.
- Ephesians 3:9, KJB And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
- Ephesians 3:9, GNB and of making all people see how God’s secret plan is to be put into effect. God, who is the Creator of all things, kept his secret hidden through all the past ages,
In Revelation 1:11, the titles of “Alpha and Omega, the first and the last” are removed from the wonderful Lord Jesus Christ.
- Revelation 1:11, KJB Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
- Revelation 1:11, GNB It said, “Write down what you see, and send the book to the churches in these seven cities: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
THE MUTILATION OF JOHN 3:16
John 3:16 has been called the “gospel in a nutshell”. John 3:16 is known and loved more than any other verse in all the Bible. It’s poetic beauty and crystal-clear clarity leaves the reader in a majestic awe.
- John 3:16, KJB For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- John 3:16, GNB For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life.
Notice in John 3:16, the GNB removes the critical word “begotten” thus denying the direct and only “begotten” relationship of God the Father and God the Son. While at the same time, introducing a glaring contradiction in the light of verses such as Philippians 2:15 and 1 John 3:2 where the Christian is called the “sons of God”. Or even in Luke 3:38 where Adam is called the “son of God”. Begotten is also removed in John 1;14, 1:18, 3;18, Acts 13:33, Hebrews 1:5, 5:5, and 1 John 4:9,
In John 3:16 the GNB also pours some nonsense in with the replacement of “should not perish” to “may not die”. John 3:16 is plainly a reference to a lost soul “perishing” in hell without Christ.
THE GNB REMOVES THE BLOOD
Salvation is only through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no other way. And there is no other doctrine more important and more essential to the Christian faith. The “blood” of the Lord Jesus Christ flows through the inspired veins of the living Word of God — from book to book, from chapter to chapter, from verse to verse and from word to word. . . The blood of Jesus Christ is the “life-blood” of the Christian faith.
After researching scores of Bible PERversions, no other Bible so maliciously removes the precious blood of the Lord Jesus as the Good News Bible. Many times the GNB destroys the price and passion of our salvation by callously changing “the blood” to the impersonal and cold “death”.
Here’s a sampling of some wonderful verses where the GNB removes “the blood”.
- Acts 20:28, KJB Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
- Acts 20:28, GNB, (1966 edition) Keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock which the Holy Spirit has placed in your charge. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he made his own through the death of his own Son.
- Romans 3:25, KJB Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
- Romans 3:25, GNB (1966 edition) God offered him so that by his death he should become the means by which men’s sins are forgiven, through their faith in him. God offered Christ to show how he puts men right with himself. In the past, God was patient and overlooked men’s sins;
- Romans 5:9, KJB Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
- Romans 5:9, GNB (1966 edition) By his death we are now put right with God; how much more, then, will we be saved by him from God’s wrath.
- Ephesians 1:7, KJB In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
- Ephesians 1:7, GNB (1966 edition) For by the death of Christ we are set free, and our sins are forgiven. How great is the grace of God,
- Ephesians 2:13, KJB But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
- Ephesians 2:13, GNB (1966 edition) But now, in union with Christ Jesus, you who used to be far away have been brought near by the death of Christ.
In Colossians 1:14 the phrase “through his blood” is removed.
- Colossians 1:14, KJB In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
- Colossians 1:14, GNB by whom we are set free, that is, our sins are forgiven.
- Colossians 1:20, KJB And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
- Colossians 1:20, GNB (1966 edition) Through the Son, then, God decided to bring the whole universe back to himself. God made peace through his Son’s death on the cross, and so brought back to himself all things, both on earth and in heaven.
- Hebrews 10:19, KJB Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
- Hebrews 10:19, GNB We have, then, my friends, complete freedom to go into the Most Holy Place by means of the death of Jesus.
- Hebrews 13:20, KJB Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
- Hebrews 13:20, GNB (1966 ediiton) God has raised from death our Lord Jesus, who is the Great Shepherd of the sheep because of his death, by which the eternal covenant is sealed.
1 Peter 1:19 is one of the most wonderful verses in the Bible. And the wicked GNB changes the “precious blood of Christ” to the impersonal, generic “costly sacrifice of Christ”.
- 1 Peter 1:19, GNB it was the costly sacrifice of Christ, who was like a lamb without defect or flaw.
- 1 Peter 1:19, KJB But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Again, Revelation is a marvelous witness to the personal love and compassion of the Lord Jesus Christ. And again, the GNB dilutes and deadens the personal pain and passion.
- Revelation 1:5, KJB And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
- Revelation 1:5, GNB and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first to be raised from death and who is also the ruler of the kings of the world. He loves us, and by his sacrificial death he has freed us from our sins
- Revelation 5:9 KJB And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
- Revelation 5:9 GNB They sang a new song: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to break open its seals. For you were killed, and by your sacrificial death you bought for God people from every tribe, language, nation, and race.
The message of the “the innocent blood” of Jesus Christ from the mouth of Judas, testifying of the sinless, blood-atonement of the Lord Jesus, is changed to the frivolous “innocent man”. Notice also the definite “THE innocent blood” is changed to the indefinite “AN innocent man”. There are many “an innocent man” but there is only ONE “THE innocent blood”.
- Matthew 27:4, KJB Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
- Matthew 27:4, GNB I have sinned by betraying an innocent man to death!” he said. “What do we care about that?” they answered. “That is your business!”
Why did Dr. Bratcher, the GNB writer, and the GNB remove the blood?
In a question and answer time at the First Baptist Church in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Dr. Brtacher was asked “Why did you leave out the blood of Jesus Christ in Romans 5:9 and 14 and other places?’. His reply was “It is a matter of translation”. (Donald T. Clarke, Bible Version Manual, pp. 98-99)
The correct answer would have been “It is a matter of MIS-translation”.
The Greek word for “blood” and ONLY “blood” is “haima”. The following is Strong’s definition for haima:
haima, hah’-ee-mah; of uncert. der.; blood, lit. (of men or animals), fig. (the juice of grapes) or spec. (the atoning blood of Christ); by impl. bloodshed, also kindred:–blood
To translate “haima” anything but “blood” is to deliberately MIS-translate the Greek word. Every time the word “haima” occurs in the Greek text the King James Bible correctly translates it “blood”. In fact, the study of the blood is called hematology (from haima – hema – [blood] – tology [study]). Webster’s Dictionary defines the prefix hemo: “a combining form meaning ‘blood’” Hemophilia is a disease of the blood. A hemorrhage is a discharge of blood.
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (Fourth Edition 2000) traces the prefix hemo directly to the Greek word haima.
VARIANT FORMS: or hema– or hem– also haemo– or haema– or haem–
PREFIX: Blood: hemacyte.
ETYMOLOGY: Greek haimo-, from haima.
(The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (Fourth Edition. 2000))
The Collins English Dictionary also traces haemo directly to the Greek word haima — as does every Dictionary and Etymology reference I could find!
haemo-, haema-, before a vowel haem-
combining form denoting blood
[ETYMOLOGY: from Greek haima blood]
(The Collins English Dictionary, 2000 edition)
Dr. Bratcher and the translation team of the GNB knew the ONLY accurate translation of haima is blood. Why did they deliberately remove the precious blood of Jesus Christ? How can a “blood-bought, born-again” Christian intentionally mis-translate the Greek in order to remove the blood of Christ?
WILL THE REAL “BRIGHT MORNING STAR” PLEASE STAND UP. . .
In Isaiah 14:12 “Lucifer” is changed to the “bright morning star”.
- Isaiah 14:12, KJB How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
- Isaiah 14:12, GNB King of Babylon, bright morning star, you have fallen from heaven! In the past you conquered nations, but now you have been thrown to the ground.
Hmmm. . . Now where have I read about a “bright morning star”? Oh I know. . . In Revelation 22:16, where the Lord Jesus Christ is called the “bright and morning star”! Why did the GNB attribute one of the titles of the Lord Jesus Christ to Lucifer? Do they believe Lucifer and Jesus are the same?
Revelation 22:16, KJB I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
THE GNB ABORTS THE VIRGIN BIRTH
Our blood line comes completely from our father. And without the virgin birth, the Lord Jesus Christ was born from the blood-line of sinful man. No virgin birth – no sinless blood atonement – and no salvation!
The GNB changes the pure, clear “virgin” to “young woman”. There are tons of “young women” who are not “virgins”. To change “virgin” to “young woman” is a denial of the virgin birth.
- Isaiah 7:14, KJB Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
- Isaiah 7:14, GNB Well then, the Lord himself will give you a sign: a young woman who is pregnant will have a son and will name him ‘Immanuel.’
- Luke 1:27, KJB To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
- Luke 1:27, GNB He had a message for a young woman promised in marriage to a man named Joseph, who was a descendant of King David. Her name was Mary.
- In Matthew 1:18, The KJB plainly says Jesus Christ was born BEFORE Mary and Joseph “came together” [the act of human conception]. The GNB changes it to “before they were married”, again surgically removing the virgin birth.
- Matthew 1:18, KJB Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 1:18, GNB This was how the birth of Jesus Christ took place. His mother Mary was engaged to Joseph, but before they were married, she found out that she was going to have a baby by the Holy Spirit.
In Luke 2:33, the virgin birth is attacked again as Joseph is changed to “the child’s father”. Note: This is not the same as John 6:42 when quoting the “Jews” saying Joseph is “Jesus’ Father”. In Luke 2:33, it is the Holy Spirit that is speaking, as the narrator.
- Luke 2:33, KJB And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.
- Luke 2:33, GNB The child’s father and mother were amazed at the things Simeon said about him.
HELL IS EXTINGUISHED IN THE GNB
If there is a word that the ecumenical, inclusive, love-everybody, new version, hates – it is the word “hell”. They will travel “far and wide, through thick and thin” over their translation (or mis-translation) road to pull-out that mean ol’ word “hell”. All the new versions travel this crooked path. Got to get that word out! And the GNB certainly does not disappoint – removing the word “hell” 33 times.
In Luke 16, the GNB “transliterates” hell into the new-age, “happy field” land of purification and transformation called “hades”. In case you did not know, “hades” in the new-age and witchcraft is not a place of eternal punishment but is called Summerland, Happy Fields, etc. and is a place where you go for purification and transformation before you are reincarnated into whatever you are reincarnated into.
- Luke 16:23, KJB And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
- Luke 16:23, GNB and in Hades, where he was in great pain, he looked up and saw Abraham, far away, with Lazarus at his side.
Some times the GNB changes “hell” to the creepy “world of the dead”.
- Acts 2:27, KJB Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
- Acts 2:27, GNB because you will not abandon me in the world of the dead; you will not allow your faithful servant to rot in the grave.
- Acts 2:31, KJB He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
- Acts 2:31, GNB David saw what God was going to do in the future, and so he spoke about the resurrection of the Messiah when he said, ‘He was not abandoned in the world of the dead; his body did not rot in the grave.’
In Revelation 1:18, the GNB crew gets in bit of a pickle. The word “hell” shows up with the word “death” – clearly showing the difference. Now what will they do? Simple. They just magically and mysteriously create two deaths – “death and the world of the dead”. But, after all, when did “making sense” ever be a requirement for the new PERversions. Just get that word “hell” out!
Oh by the way, the Lord Jesus Christ no longer has “the keys of death and hell” but simply “authority over death and the world of the dead”.
- Revelation 1:18, KJB I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
- Revelation 1:18, GNB I am the living one! I was dead, but now I am alive forever and ever. I have authority over death and the world of the dead.
The GNB does the same gibberish in Revelation 20:13,14
After removing the word “hell” in so many obvious places referring to eternal punishment, the GNB goes into the land of crude and rude in Acts 8:20. The GNB has Peter telling Simon the sorcerer, “May you and your money go to hell. . .” Of course, the Greek word for “hell” is nowhere in the verse.
- Act 8:20, KJB But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money
- Act 8:20, GNB But Peter answered him, “May you and your money go to hell, for thinking that you can buy God’s gift with money!
1 Peter 2:2 in the GNB teaches salvation by works.
- 1 Peter 2:2, KJB As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
- 1 Peter 2:2, GNB Be like newborn babies, always thirsty for the pure spiritual milk, so that by drinking it you may grow up and be saved.
In 1 Corinthians 1:18, we are only “being saved” not “are saved”. Salvation is turned into a process rather than a completed work at Calvary by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- 1 Corinthians 1:18, KJB For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
- 1 Corinthians 1:18, GNB For the message about Christ’s death on the cross is nonsense to those who are being lost; but for us who are being saved it is God’s power.
The “being saved” heresy is also found in Acts 2:47, 2 Corinthians 2:15 and others.
- Acts 2:47, KJB Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
- Acts 2:47, GNB praising God, and enjoying the good will of all the people. And every day the Lord added to their group those who were being saved.
- 2 Corinthians 2:15, KJB For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
- 2 Corinthians 2:15, GNB For we are like a sweet-smelling incense offered by Christ to God, which spreads among those who are being saved and those who are being lost.
In the GNB no longer is your salvation complete in Jesus Christ. But it’s up to you to “work” to “complete your salvation”.
- Philippians 2:12, KJB Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
- Philippians 2:12, GNB So then, dear friends, as you always obeyed me when I was with you, it is even more important that you obey me now while I am away from you. Keep on working with fear and trembling to complete your salvation,
In fact, the GNB even removes the clear reference in Colossians 2:10 that we are “complete” in Jesus Christ. Notice. Jesus Christ is no longer the head of ALL “principality and power” – just “supreme over every spiritual ruler and authority”.
- Colossians 2:10, KJB And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
- Colossians 2:10, GNB and you have been given full life in union with him. He is supreme over every spiritual ruler and authority.
In Romans 10:13, the GNB confuses the “salvation call” with “everyone who calls out to the Lord for help”. When in times of trouble, many, many people “call out to the Lord for help” who are not saved.
- Romans 10:13, KJB For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- Romans 10:13, GNB As the scripture says, “Everyone who calls out to the Lord for help will be saved.”
In the light of the confusion found in the GNB, it’s no great surprise, the “simplicity of Christ”, in 2 Corinthians 11:3, is replaced with . . .? You figure it out. I have no idea what the GNB is saying.
- 2 Corinthians 11:3, KJB But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 11:3, GNB I am afraid that your minds will be corrupted and that you will abandon your full and pure devotion to Christ–in the same way that Eve was deceived by the snake’s clever lies.
PETER THE ROCK. . .
The Roman Catholic Hierarchy gave their overwhelming support of the GNB. And why not? With such blatant pro-Catholicism heresy as found in the GNB’s distortion of Matthew 16:18, awarding Peter the Rock of the Church. Note: The Roman Catholic falsely teach that Peter was the Rock of the Roman Catholic Church and the first pope. The American Bible Society has even published special editions of the GNB including the Catholic Deuterocanonicals/Apocrypha books with the official Roman Catholic “imprimatur”.
- Matthew 16:18, KJB And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
- Matthew 16:18, GNB And so I tell you, Peter: you are a rock, and on this rock foundation I will build my church, and not even death will ever be able to overcome it.
Note: The “this rock” in the KJB is NOT Peter. The word “this” is used as a indigenous reference to the Lord Jesus Christ. The same application is found in John 6:47-51
John 6:47-51, KJB 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
The Bible in 1 Corinthians 10:3-4 leaves no doubt who is the rock.
1 Corinthians 10:3-4 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
TRUTH NOT NEEDED. . .
The great verse John 4:24 gives the requirements for worshipping God – in spirit and in truth. The GNB has . . .? Beats me. . .. I guess “as he really is”. The GNB replaces “in truth” with a vague “as he really is”. Question: how do define “as he really is” when you remove “the truth”?
- John 4:24, KJB God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
- John 4:24, GNB God is Spirit, and only by the power of his Spirit can people worship him as he really is.”
THE PREACHER IS NOW THE PHILOSOPHER. . .
One of the more disgusting changes in the GNB is the change of “preacher” to “philosopher” in the book of Ecclesiastes.
- Ecclesiastes 1:1, KJB The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
- Ecclesiastes 1:1, GNB These are the words of the Philosopher, David’s son, who was king in Jerusalem.
See also Ecclesiastes 1:12, 7:27, 12:8, 12:9, 12:10
In fact, the word preacher, preach, etc. is removed many times in the GNB.
For instance, the “preacher” is no longer in Romans 10:14-15:
- Romans 10:14-15, KJB 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
- Romans 10:14-15, GNB 14 But how can they call to him for help if they have not believed? And how can they believe if they have not heard the message? And how can they hear if the message is not proclaimed? 15 And how can the message be proclaimed if the messengers are not sent out? As the scripture says, “How wonderful is the coming of messengers who bring good news!”
There is no fear of God before their eyes. . .
If there’s one root cause of the decay and degradation of society, it is simple – there is no fear of God. It wasn’t too many years ago a Christian was described as “God-fearing”. Not today. The “fear of the Lord” is anathema with today’s Laodicean, inclusive, tolerant, Christians.
And of course, the GNB (as do most new PERversions) remove the “fear of the Lord”. Fitting for someone who does not hesitate to pervert the Words of God.
A couple of examples:
- Ecclesiastes 12:13, KJB Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
- Ecclesiastes 12:13, GNB After all this, there is only one thing to say: Have reverence for God, and obey his commands, because this is all that we were created for.
- Romans 3:18, KJB There is no fear of God before their eyes.
- Romans 3:18, GNB nor have they learned reverence for God.”
THE GNB TAKETH AWAY THE WORD. . .
The Lord CLEARLY and EMPHATICALLY warns against “adding and taking away” from the words of God. And yet, the GNB and other new PERversions, removes complete verses, adds and removes thousands of words with no hesitation or fear of God’s warning.
Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Revelation 22:18-19 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Jesus Christ gives the attack of Satan in Luke 8:12″ “. . .then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word. . . ”
The GNB “taketh away” the following complete verses:
1 Samuel 13:1 Matthew 17:21 Matthew 18:11
Matthew 21:44 Matthew 23:14 Mark 7:16
Mark 9:44 Mark 9:46 Mark 11:26
Mark 15:28 Mark 16:9-20* Luke 17:36
Luke 23:17 John 5:4 John 7:53-8:11*
Acts 8:37 Acts 15:34 Acts 24:7
Acts 28:29 Romans 16:24
* removed in notes or the footnotes.
“For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ. — 2 Corinthians 2:17’
Feel free to share: